This Agreement and the goods and services provided under it are not transferrable to another pet or assignable to another person.
This Agreement applies only to the pet designated at the time of subscription to the Plan while owned by Subscriber.
Subscriber agrees that hospital visits will be made during normal working hours and that the subscription does not cover emergency or after-hours visits.
This agreement is effective on the Start Date designated as the date you enrolled for the Plan for an initial term of 12 months (Plan Year).
The plan will automatically renew on the anniversary of the Start Date in each succeeding year for subsequent periods of one year until Subscriber or Provider cancels this Agreement as described in section 9 below.
- Unlimited physical examinations and tech visits. Must be scheduled and being a Subscriber does not guarantee an available appointment time.
- Unlimited asynchronous telehealth visits – text and e-mail exchanges with the Pet’s Favorite Vet veterinarian that are answered within one clinic day.
- One annual stool parasite screening test through a method determined by the Pet’s Favorite Vet Veterinarian
- Rabies vaccination as deemed needed by law and the clinical judgment of the Pet’s Favorite Vet Veterinarian
- Rabies Tag
- Dogs Only: annual blood testing for heartworms and tick-borne diseases through a test method determined by the Pet’s Favorite Vet veterinarian.
- Dogs Only: vaccination against distemper, parvo, parainfluenza, adenovirus, and leptospirosis as deemed necessary by the clinical judgment of Pet’s Favorite Vet veterinarian.
- Cats Only: vaccination against feline viral rhinotracheitis, calicivirus, and panleukopenia as deemed necessary by the clinical judgment of the Pet’s Favorite Vet veterinarian.
- 20% discount on other designated in-clinic services, treatments, and medications.
- Preventative Plans and Premium Plans Only: Monthly dose of preventative for parasites selected by Pet’s Favorite Vet. The method of delivery will be mail every 3 months. Pet’s Favorite Vet reserves the right to change the brand or type of preventative at any time for any reason.
- For Premium Plans Only: Included anesthetized services (dental cleaning/spay/neuter) can be scheduled after the 3rd monthly payment. Failure to use the anesthetized service does not entitle the Subscriber to a refund. Pets over 75 pounds will incur an extra charge for anesthesia.
- Not included for free, but 20% off in any plan
- Anesthesia fee for pets over 75 pounds at the time of anesthesia
- Any dental extractions (deciduous teeth with spay/neuter or with dental cleaning)
- Pain medications, sedatives, or antibiotics are needed at home before or after the procedure.
- Charges for cryptorchid testicles, in heat females, pregnant females, or pyometra during spay.
- Mass removals, umbilical hernia repair, gastropexy, dew claw removal or any other procedure performed during anesthetic episode and extended anesthetic time for that procedure.
- Not included for free, but 20% off in any plan
The discount percentage listed applies to services/treatments provided by, prescriptions filled by, and lab work that is completely performed on the premises of Pet’s Favorite Vet LLC Only.
Subscriber understands and acknowledges that advertised savings under the Plan assume utilization of all services included in the Plan and that actual savings may vary.
Monthly subscription fees will be billed directly to the Subscriber’s credit card.
A late fee of $20.00 may be billed to the Subscriber for insufficient funds, over-limit status, or any other reason a payment is unable to be processed based on the account information supplied by Subscriber.
Subscriber is responsible for immediately notifying Provider of any changes in billing account information to avoid any late payment fees.
Either Provider or Subscriber may cancel this Agreement.
Cancellation by Provider: Provider reserves the right to cancel or modify the Plan at any time and for any reason. In the event Provider chooses to cancel the Plan for any reason except Subscriber’s default, Provider will waive any future payments due under the Plan and discharge Subscriber’s obligation under this Agreement in full.
Cancellation by Subscriber: The Subscriber may cancel this agreement anytime after the 12th monthly payment has been made. If the subscriber wishes to terminate the agreement prior to the one year anniversary of the plan, they may pay the remaining monthly payments in a lump sum. To cancel, the subscriber must provide written notice 30 days in advance. Pet’s Favorite Vet is not able to hold and manage cancellation requests for more than 45 days in the future.
It is the Subscriber’s responsibility to read and understand the Terms and Conditions and services included in any changes to the Plan (renewal, upgrade, downgrade, or change Add-on options).
The following items and services are not included in this Agreement:
- Emergency After Hours visits
- Services not specifically listed in the plan
- Medications, supplements, food, or any other product filled outside of Pet’s Favorite Vet physical location, including those filled by the Pet’s Favorite Vet online pharmacy or drop-shipped by Pet’s Favorite Vet.
- Services provided by any other veterinarian or other pet service provider, including those to which Pet’s Favorite Vet may refer Subscriber.
- Labwork and diagnostics designated by Pet’s Favorite Vet.
If Subscriber fails to pay any monthly payment by its due date, Provider may immediately suspend Plan services and products until Subscriber reinstates the Plan by paying the annual fee.
Whether or not legal action is commenced, Subscriber agrees to pay and reimburse Provider for any and all fees and costs of any collection agency which may be based on a percentage of the debt (up to the maximum percentage of 33%), and all fees, costs, and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, incurred by Provider in such collection efforts, in each case such amounts may be added to the debt owing when the account is placed into collections.
Subscriber agrees, in order for Provider or its agents to service Subscriber’s account, including, but not limited to, providing medical reminders, product recalls, or to collect any amounts owed, Provider or its agents may contact Subscriber by telephone, text messages, emails, including by use of automatic dialing devices and/or pre-recorded/artificial automated voice or text messages, at any telephone number or email address provided to Provider by Subscriber, including residential or wireless telephone numbers.
Any and all claims, controversies, or disputes arising out of or related in any way to this Agreement shall be subject to binding arbitration pursuant to the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) under the Federal Arbitration Act. This includes, without limitation, any claims, controversies, or disputes that would otherwise be subject to class actions. This Agreement is governed by the substantive laws of South Carolina. Judgment of the arbitration award may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.