Pet’s Favorite Vet remains one of VERY few locations in Spartanburg county where you can get a health certificate to travel with your pet. We are proud to offer this service.

Interstate Certificates: For the land-locked 49 states and Puerto Rico, certificates can be completed and ready to go in one visit. You will need the address, name, and phone number (if not your own) for the destination as well as the pet’s up-to-date rabies certificate (not receipt). Some US territories have different requirements that can be viewed here. Please simply call, text, or email to make this appointment as not all veterinarians are certified to sign these documents.

Hawaiian Health Certificates: Follow the instructions to get set up for an International Health Certificate. If you have not taken your pet to Hawaii before, it is a minimum of 3 months and often 6 to get ready for export.

Canada & Mexico: All that is required to enter Canada with 2 pets (total of cats and dogs) is an up-to-date rabies certificate (not receipt). Mexico does not require a health certificate either, but does require an exam on entry. Learn more here. In both cases, the airline you use may require a certificate.

International Health Certificates: We start the process of international and Hawaiian health certificates with a consult to gather information, create a timeline, and provide you with an estimate for the cost. While some countries can have their requirements met relatively easily, others require in-depth paperwork, overnighted ink signatures, and multiple vet visits for anti-parasitc treatment as well as running down old records. At the initial consult, which may be online or in person, we will figure out exactly what is needed. The minimum cost for a signed and endorsed certificate is $200 per pet. You can start researching what you need for your pet on the APHIS website, which you can view here. Please keep in mind that we may not be able to complete all that is needed for your pet to return to the US with you during the export certificate process.

For a Hawaiian or international health certificate, please fill out the form below. When you click “Submit” the form will be sent to our front desk and someone will reach out to you within 2 business days to set up the initial consult. That consult may be in person or over the phone. We will require a deposit for that initial consult because of the large amount of time that goes into preparing for it.

If not yet known, leave blank
Write "Unsure" if Not Yet Known, "None" if owner is not traveling
Write "Unsure" if Not Yet Known, Write "Same" if same as Owner

Please complete a separate form for each separate pet. You will only need to do one consult if they are traveling to the same place.